Care and Support for
Deafblind Children and Adults
Some comments about our training
- I learned things about talking to hard-of-hearing people that I had not thought of in twenty years of working in a care home. Simple things like
making sure you are facing them and not to shout but just speak a little louder and slower than usual.
- It was brilliant. The trainer’s reputation had gone before him – and he was even better than they said!
- The trainer’s expertise shone through in every sentence – he not only gave us theory, he spoke from experience of working with blind people every
- The best bit was the session on eye conditions. It gave me much more understanding that sight loss affects people in different ways and that I should
find out from them what helps them most.
- I found it incredible that he led a four day course packed with information yet did not pause once to look at notes or check a fact.
- Fantastic! I feel I've really learned something today. I could have stayed a lot longer.
Hearing and Sight Solutions works in partnership with a wide range of organisations throughout the United Kingdom. Past and present partnerships
include: Coventry City Council, North Somerset Council, The University of South Wales, Care Focus South West, Age UK, BID Birmingham, Mulberry Care, Action on Hearing Loss (formerly RNID), The Royal
Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, Cornwall County Council, Devon County Council, Torbay & South Devon NHS Foundation Trust, Wiltshire County Council and Somerset County Council.